Table of contents
About this book
The lentil is one of the first foods to have been cultivated and has maintained excellent socio-economic value for over 8,000 years. The ancient crop is now a crop for modern times in both developing and eveloped countries today.
The international market in recent years has increased significantly and this crop is gaining an important place in cropping systems under different ecologies. It is grown in over 35 countries, has a broad range of uses around the world, and the different seed and plant types adapted to an increasingly wide range of ecologies makes this comprehensive volume even more important today.
This book covers all aspects of diversity, breeding and production technologies, and the contents include;
- Origin, adaptation, ecology and diversity
- Utilization, nutrition and production technologies.
- Genetic enhancement, mutation and wild relatives
- Breeding methods and lensomics achievements
- Productivity, profitability and world trade
This book presents the most comprehensive and up to date review of research on lentil production systems, biotic and abiotic stresses management, quality seed production, storage techniques and lentil growing around the world. This book will be of great value to legume breeders, scientists, nutritionists, academic
researchers, graduate students, farmers, traders and consumers in the developed and the developing world.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Lentil
- Book Subtitle An Ancient Crop for Modern Times
Shyam S. Yadav
Philip C. Stevenson
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6313-8
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-6312-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-90-481-7605-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4020-6313-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 461
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Plant Genetics and Genomics
- Buy this book on publisher's site