Table of contents
About these proceedings
Integrated Water Resources Management and Security in the Middle East brings together diverse voices relating to the critical issue of water management in one of the world’s most politically volatile areas: the Middle East. The book brings together Palestinian, Israeli, Jordanian and international expert opinions on creating a holistic and comprehensive view of water management challenges and strategies in an area of conflict and resource scarcity.
The book takes security studies to the next level beyond military preparedness to address the security implications of the most fundamental of resources, that of water. Indeed, the book delves deeply into the underlying ideological underpinnings of various water regimes and possible opportunities for new decision-making models and regional cooperation.
This book serves an important place in the scholarly literature on this topic for its breadth of participants and perspectives and its concrete steps forward. It moves the academic discourse beyond pointing fingers and toward constructive solutions and dialogue.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Integrated Water Resources Management and Security in the Middle East
- Series Title NATO Science for Peace and Security Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-5986-5
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-5985-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4020-5984-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4020-5986-5
- Series ISSN 1874-6578
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 338
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Water Policy/Water Governance/Water Management
Waste Water Technology / Water Pollution Control / Water Management / Aquatic Pollution
Popular Science in Nature and Environment
- Buy this book on publisher's site