About this book
The Carpathian flora occurs not only in the Carpathian Mountains, but also in large lowlands extending towards the south, north and east and involves introduced and invading flora of more than 7,500 species. Since the morphological characteristics of the seeds are usually constant they are very important for determination of systematic units. The present atlas of seeds with nearly 4,800 seed illustrations is supplemented with detailed seed descriptions, brief plant descriptions, locality and the native source of plants.
This publication is unique, both in its extent – with so many plant seeds from such a wide-ranging region - and in the form of its presentation – with such detailed descriptions.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-5362-7
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-5361-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-5362-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site