About this book
Biological rhythms are a fundamental property of all life and encompass a wide range of frequencies, from seconds to a century or more.
Introducing Biological Rhythms is a primer that serves to introduce individuals to the area of biological rhythms. It describes the major characteristics and discusses the implications and applications of these rhythms, while citing scientific results and references. Also, the primer includes essays that provide in-depth historic and other background information for those interested in more specific topics or concepts.
Introducing Biological Rhythms covers a basic cross-section of the field of chronobiology clearly enough so that it can be understood by a novice, or an undergraduate student, but it is also sufficiently technical and detailed for the scientist.
"[Koukkari and Sothern] deal with the basic information at the beginning of the book and with applications at the end. The Essays attached to each chapter are very useful digressions and the ‘Take Home Message’ a good idea."
- Dr. B. Millet, Université de Franche-Comté (Besançon, France)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-4701-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-3691-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-4701-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site