About this book
Throughout history many nations have had to make hard choices between a land and a maritime strategy. This study covers the history of such choices, beginning with the Persian invasion of Greece in 490BC and ending with the many and various choices facing the Western world in the aftermath of the Cold War. If many wars of the past are now seen as the outcome of maritime/land strategies, the lessons learned from them and discussed in this book can provide some answers to those who have to consider wars of the future.
cold war history planning strategy war
- Book Title Land, Sea or Air?
- Book Subtitle Military Priorities: Historical Choices?
- Series Title RUSI Defence Studies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-22011-3
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1992
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political & Intern. Studies Collection Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-333-53638-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-22013-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-349-22011-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 208
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Military and Defence Studies
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking