Table of contents
About this book
`a very up-to date, readable and accessible text... a very comprehensive and academic account which contains discussions of issues I haven't seen raised in other texts' - Sarah Hack, Head of Psychology , Long Road SFC, Cambridge
`the text is presented in a very user-friendly style... introductions provide an overview of the area of study.... each chapter contains good and succinct glossaries... self assessment questions are spread fairly liberally throughout the book' - Mike Stanley, Head of Psychology, Gordana School, Bristol
A major new text which is ideal for those embarking on the study of Psychology for the first time. Written by experienced teachers and lecturers, it provides a lively, accessible and comprehensive account of the subject.
The text features:
· chapter objectives and chapter summaries
· information boxes expanding on key issues discussed in the text
· ample illustrations including figures, diagrams, photographs and cartoons
· self assessment questions to enable students to test their understanding
· on-page glossary definitions of highlighted key terms
· exercises at regular intervals to help consolidate students' learning
· annotated further reading lists at the end of each chapter
This book is essential reading for those on introductory level psychology courses, whether at school, college or university.
TONY MALIM has taught A level Psychology and teacher education courses since 1972. He was formerly Head of the School of Social Sciences at Weston College and has been a course tutor at the Open University.
ANN BIRCH was formerly Head of Psychology at Weston-super-Mare College. She is currently Special Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Bristol and part-time tutor in Psychology and Teacher Education at Weston College.
SHEILA HAYWARD is Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Bristol.
ALISON WADELEY is Head of Psychology at Filton College, Bristol.
cognitive psychology diagnosis emotion intelligence learning memory motivation nervous system perception personality psychology social psychology socialisation stress therapy