Table of contents
About this book
- Book Title Encountering Medieval Textiles and Dress
- Book Subtitle Objects, Texts, Images
- Series Title The New Middle Ages
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-137-08394-4
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Nature America Inc. 2002
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Palgrave History Collection History (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-312-29377-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-0-230-60235-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-08394-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 270
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
History of Medieval Europe
Sociology of Culture
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"An outstanding series of essays by historians, art historians, and literary specialists on a wide variety of topics in medieval textiles, from manufacture and use, to style, fashion, iconography, and the many shades of social meaning."
- William W. Clark, Queens College and the Graduate Center, CUNY
"This volume demonstrates the wide variety of excellent new work now being done on dress and costume history. The papers are rich in content and cover a wide variety of periods and subject matter."
- Jonathan J. G. Alexander, Institute of Fine Arts, New York University
"The volume is a valuable addition to the both the library of a general reader and a costume historian. For the general reader the books provides ready access to information ranging over a six-hundred year period. For the costume historian there is a wealth of detailed information to add breadth and depth to one's knowledge, with an additional resource of information in the form of copious endnotes and bibliographic references."
- Sandra L. Rosenbau, Dress