About this book
This book collects up-to-date advanced protocols and advice from leading experts in the area of membrane protein biology that can be applied to structural and functional studies of any membrane protein system. The contents explore methods for cloning and expression of membrane proteins and membrane protein complexes in prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems, approaches for protein purification, nanobody applications, as well as biophysical characterization and much more. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and thorough, Expression, Purification, and Structure Biology of Membrane Proteins serves to guide and encourage young researchers and newcomers to the field to tackle bold new studies on membrane proteins.
Chapter 11 is available open access under a CC-BY 4.0 license via link.springer.com.
Membrane protein complexes Purification protocols Nanobodies Molecular mechanisms Expression yields
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-0373-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-0716-0372-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-0716-0373-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site