About this book
This volume provides readers with a detailed introduction to the amenability of Banach algebras and locally compact groups. By encompassing important foundational material, contemporary research, and recent advancements, this monograph offers a state-of-the-art reference. It will appeal to anyone interested in questions of amenability, including those familiar with the author’s previous volume Lectures on Amenability.Cornerstone topics are covered first: namely, the theory of amenability, its historical context, and key properties of amenable groups. This introduction leads to the amenability of Banach algebras, which is the main focus of the book. Dual Banach algebras are given an in-depth exploration, as are Banach spaces, Banach homological algebra, and more. By covering amenability’s many applications, the author offers a simultaneously expansive and detailed treatment. Additionally, there are numerous exercises and notes at the end of every chapter that further elaborate on the chapter’s contents.
Because it covers both the basics and cutting edge research, Amenable Banach Algebras will be indispensable to both graduate students and researchers working in functional analysis, harmonic analysis, topological groups, and Banach algebras. Instructors seeking to design an advanced course around this subject will appreciate the student-friendly elements; a prerequisite of functional analysis, abstract harmonic analysis, and Banach algebra theory is assumed.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-0351-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-0716-0349-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-0716-0351-2
- Series Print ISSN 1439-7382
- Series Online ISSN 2196-9922
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking