Table of contents
Overview of Forensic DNA Analysis
Manual Extraction of DNA from Biological Samples
Automatic and Semi-automatic Extraction of DNA from Biological Samples
Qualitative and Quantitative Assessment of Extracted DNA
Amplification of Various STR Markers Using Multiplex PCR
Genotyping and Analysis of Results
Advanced Technologies for Forensic DNA Analysis
About this book
The book presents hands-on protocols for conventional and advanced forensic DNA fingerprinting experiments. It includes manual, semi-automatic, and advanced automatic techniques for DNA extraction from different biological samples.
It also discusses various qualitative and quantitative approaches for the assessment of extracted forensic DNA. It contains protocols for the amplification of short tandem repeat markers (STRs) for the amplification-based target enrichment of the forensic samples.
Further, it examines genotyping of the STR loci through capillary electrophoresis and includes real-world case studies where forensic DNA analysis has been used in the criminal and civil disputes. The book concludes by presenting technological developments in the field of DNA forensic analysis.
Suitable for beginners, it is a key reference resource on a wide variety of DNA profiling techniques and applications.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-0274-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-0716-0273-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-0716-0274-4
- Series Print ISSN 1949-2448
- Series Online ISSN 1949-2456
- Buy this book on publisher's site