About this book
Psychological issues are increasingly recognised to be of high importance in diabetes management. Understanding the psychosocial barriers facing individuals and their families and being able to provide the tools to support them to overcome those barriers is an essential part of diabetes care.
Psychology and Diabetes Care: A Practical Guide is a concise handbook for the practicing diabetes clinician who is interested in gaining a better understanding of their patients, and in learning effective skills to better support patients. The book explores common psychological problems associated with diabetes, gives insight into how diabetes is experienced in children, adolescents and special groups, and provides practical advice on providing psychological support to individuals with this serious long-term condition.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-85729-573-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-0-85729-572-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-85729-573-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site