About this book
Examples and Theorems in Analysis takes a unique and very practical approach to mathematical analysis. It makes the subject more accessible by giving the examples equal status with the theorems. The results are introduced and motivated by reference to examples which illustrate their use, and further examples then show how far the assumptions may be relaxed before the result fails.
A number of applications show what the subject is about and what can be done with it; the applications in Fourier theory, distributions and asymptotics show how the results may be put to use. Exercises at the end of each chapter, of varying levels of difficulty, develop new ideas and present open problems.
Written primarily for first- and second-year undergraduates in mathematics, this book features a host of diverse and interesting examples, making it an entertaining and stimulating companion that will also be accessible to students of statistics, computer science and engineering, as well as to professionals in these fields.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-85729-380-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-85233-493-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-85729-380-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site