Table of contents
About this book
Here is a book that will be a joy to the mathematician or graduate student of mathematics – or even the well-prepared undergraduate – who would like, with a minimum of background and preparation, to understand some of the beautiful results at the heart of nonlinear analysis. Based on carefully-expounded ideas from several branches of topology, and illustrated by a wealth of figures that attest to the geometric nature of the exposition, the book will be of immense help in providing its readers with an understanding of the mathematics of the nonlinear phenomena that characterize our real world.
This book is ideal for self-study for mathematicians and students interested in such areas of geometric and algebraic topology, functional analysis, differential equations, and applied mathematics. It is a sharply focused and highly readable view of nonlinear analysis by a practicing topologist who has seen a clear path to understanding.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-8124-1
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2004
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-3258-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-8124-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking