Table of contents
About this book
This book—an outgrowth of an international conference held in honor of Jacques Peyrière—provides readers with an overview of recent developments in the mathematical fields related to fractals. Included are original research contributions as well as surveys written by experts in their respective fields.
The chapters are thematically organized into five major sections:
• Geometric Measure Theory and Multifractals;
• Harmonic and Functional Analysis and Signal Processing;
• Dynamical Systems and Analysis on Fractals;
• Stochastic Processes and Random Fractals;
• Combinatorics on Words.
Recent Developments in Fractals and Related Fields is aimed at pure and applied mathematicians working in the above-mentioned areas as well as other researchers interested in discovering the fractal domain. Throughout the volume, readers will find interesting and motivating results as well as new avenues for further research.
J.-P. Allouche, A.M. Atto, J.-M. Aubry, F. Axel, A. Ayache, C. Bandt, F. Bastin, P.R. Bertrand, A. Bonami, G. Bourdaud, Z. Buczolich, M. Clausel, Y. Demichel, X.-H. Dong, A. Durand, A.H. Fan, U.R. Freiberg, S. Jaffard, E. Järvenpää, A. Käenmäki, A. Karoui, H. Kempka, T. Langlet, K.-S. Lau, B. Li, M.M. France, S. Nicolay, E. Olivier, D. Pastor, H. Rao, S.Gy. Révész, J. Schmeling, A. Sebbar, P. Shmerkin, E.C. Waymire, Z.-X. Wen, Z.-Y. Wen, S.C. Williams, S. Winter
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-4888-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Boston
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-4887-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-4888-6
- Series Print ISSN 2296-5009
- Series Online ISSN 2296-5017
- Buy this book on publisher's site