Table of contents
About this book
The second in a series of three volumes surveying the theory of theta functions, this volume gives emphasis to the special properties of the theta functions associated with compact Riemann surfaces and how they lead to solutions of the Korteweg-de-Vries equations as well as other non-linear differential equations of mathematical physics.
This book presents an explicit elementary construction of hyperelliptic Jacobian varieties and is a self-contained introduction to the theory of the Jacobians. It also ties together nineteenth-century discoveries due to Jacobi, Neumann, and Frobenius with recent discoveries of Gelfand, McKean, Moser, John Fay, and others.
A definitive body of information and research on the subject of theta functions, this volume will be a useful addition to individual and mathematics research libraries.
- Book Title Tata Lectures on Theta II
- Series Title Modern Birkhäuser Classics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-4578-6
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2007
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-8176-3110-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-0-8176-4569-4
- eBook ISBN 978-0-8176-4578-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 272
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published as volume 43 in the series: Progress in Mathematics
Mathematical Methods in Physics
Functions of a Complex Variable
Partial Differential Equations
- Buy this book on publisher's site