About this book
This book and its companion volume describe state-of-the-art advances in techniques associated with implantable neural prosthetic devices and their applications. They offer researchers, engineers, clinicians, students and any specialists in this field a deeper understanding of the neural prosthetic techniques currently available for a wide range of biomedical applications.
In part two of this two-volume sequence, Implantable Neural Prostheses: Techniques and Engineering Approaches, the focus is on general techniques, platforms, and engineering approaches in research and development. Coverage includes biocompatibility, electrode materials and testing, electrochemical techniques for neural stimulation applications, thin-film electrode arrays, hermetic and thin-film packaging, and microelectronics for recording, stimulation and wireless telemetry. Also discussed is the design process in the development of medical devices.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-98120-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-98119-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-98120-8
- Series Print ISSN 1618-7210
- Buy this book on publisher's site