About this book
Fundamentals of Solid State Engineering, 3rd Edition, provides a multi-disciplinary introduction to solid state engineering, combining concepts from physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, materials science and mechanical engineering.
Revised throughout, this third edition includes new topics such as electron-electron and electron-phonon interactions, in addition to the Kane effective mass method. A chapter devoted to quantum mechanics has been expanded to cover topics such as the harmonic oscillator, the hydrogen atom, the quantum mechanical description of angular momentum and the origin of spin. This textbook also features an improved transport theory description, which now goes beyond Drude theory, discussing the Boltzmann approach.
Introducing students to the rigorous quantum mechanical way of thinking about and formulating transport processes, this textbook presents the basic physics concepts and thorough treatment of semiconductor characterization technology, designed for solid state engineers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-92168-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-92167-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-92168-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site