About this book
"Mathematical Optimization and Economic Analysis" is a self-contained introduction to various optimization techniques used in economic modeling and analysis such as geometric, linear, and convex programming and data envelopment analysis. Through a systematic approach, this book demonstrates the usefulness of these mathematical tools in quantitative and qualitative economic analysis.
The book presents specific examples to demonstrate each technique’s advantages and applicability as well as numerous applications of these techniques to industrial economics, regulatory economics, trade policy, economic sustainability, production planning, and environmental policy.
Key Features include:
- A detailed presentation of both single-objective and multiobjective optimization;
- An in-depth exposition of various applied optimization problems;
- Implementation of optimization tools to improve the accuracy of various economic models;
- Extensive resources suggested for further reading.
This book is intended for graduate and postgraduate students studying quantitative economics, as well as economics researchers and applied mathematicians. Requirements include a basic knowledge of calculus and linear algebra, and a familiarity with economic modeling.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-89552-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-89551-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-89552-9
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site