About this book
Inter-area Oscillations in Power Systems: A Nonlinear and Nonstationary Perspective deals with the development and application of advanced measurement-based signal processing techniques to the study, characterization, and control of inter-area oscillations in power systems. The material reviews recent advances in understanding, modeling and controlling system oscillations with special emphasis on the analysis and control of complex time-varying (and possibly nonlinear) power system transient processes.
The book is organized into eight chapters written by leading researchers who are major contributors in this field. The authors provide techniques that explicitly address the nonlinear and nonstationary aspects of the problem. Efficient methods to generate time-varying system approximations from both measured and simulated data are proposed. Attention is also given to the vital new ideas of dynamic security assessment in real-time implementations and the development of smart, wide-area measurement and control systems incorporating FACTS technologies. Application examples include the analysis of real data collected on grids in western North America, Australia, Italy and Mexico.
Inter-area Oscillations in Power Systems: A Nonlinear and Nonstationary Perspective is a comprehensive, systematic account of current analysis methods in power system oscillatory dynamics in both time and frequency domains ranging from parametric and non-parametric signal processing methods, to data-driven time-series models and statistical approaches.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Inter-area Oscillations in Power Systems
- Book Subtitle A Nonlinear and Nonstationary Perspective
Arturo Roman Messina
- Series Title Power Electronics and Power Systems
- Series Abbreviated Title Power Electronics,Power Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-89530-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-89529-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-4707-9
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-89530-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 275
- Number of Illustrations 25 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Signal, Image and Speech Processing
Electronics and Microelectronics, Instrumentation
- Buy this book on publisher's site