Table of contents
About this book
Optimization and Logistics Challenges in the Enterprise begins to answer the question of how to bridge the gap from mathematical modeling and optimization techniques, to practical solutions of enterprise operations. Mathematically distinct from classical supply chain management, this burgeoning research area has proven to be useful and applicable to a wide variety of industries; for example, pharmaceutical, chemical, transportation, and shipping, to name a few. This book consists of high quality research results and may serve as a "one-stop shop" to learn about several industrial problems and logistics challenges, and solution techniques using recent advances in computational optimization.
This work is intended for practitioners from industry who use techniques from a wide range of fields: mathematical programming, supply chain and logistics management, and process systems and operations engineering. It will also be of value to advanced graduate and PhD students and researchers in operations research, systems engineering, and management science.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-88617-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-88616-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-88617-6
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site