About this book
The night sky is filled with stellar wonders, sparkling jewels that hide within them fantastic faraway suns. The ancients saw pictures formed by the stars and thus were born the constellations, which are still used today to identify and locate stars.
After providing enough background information on astronomy to arm you for your trip, Bojan Kambic leads you through the major constellations seen in the northern skies, pointing out the most important sites and guiding you to finding them yourself using mainly just binoculars. You will soon find yourself becoming familiar with the best equipment to use, the best times to observe, and the best conditions in which to observe. You will also soon find yourself at home among the stars, seeking out new challenges and enjoying repeated visits with old friends.
The pleasure and satisfaction you will derive from some inexpensive equipment and a good viewing site will surprise you and make you want to do more. For all this, let Kambic be your guide, and you won’t be disappointed!
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-85355-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-85354-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-85355-0
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Buy this book on publisher's site