Table of contents
About this book
Biomedical Materials provides a comprehensive discussion of contemporary materials used in biomedical research and development. The pedagogical writing style and structure provides students with an understanding of the fundamental concepts necessary to pursue research and industrial work in this growing area of biomedical science, including characteristics of biomaterials, biological processes, biocompatibility, and applications of materials in implants and medical instruments.
Written by leading researchers in the field, this volume highlights important topics associated with biomedical engineering, medicine and surgery. This textbook takes the reader to the forefront of biomedical materials development, providing graduate students with a taste of how the field is changing, while also serving as a useful reference to physicians and engineers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-84872-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-84871-6
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-84872-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site