About this book
Image Correlation for Shape, Motion and Deformation Measurements provides a comprehensive overview of data extraction through image analysis. Readers will find and in-depth look into various single- and multi-camera models (2D-DIC and 3D-DIC), two- and three-dimensional computer vision, and volumetric digital image correlation (VDIC). Fundamentals of accurate image matching are described, along with presentations of both new methods for quantitative error estimates in correlation-based motion measurements, and the effect of out-of-plane motion on 2D measurements. Thorough appendices offer descriptions of continuum mechanics formulations, methods for local surface strain estimation and non-linear optimization, as well as terminology in statistics and probability.
With equal treatment of computer vision fundamentals and techniques for practical applications, this volume is both a reference for academic and industry-based researchers and engineers, as well as a valuable companion text for appropriate vision-based educational offerings.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-78747-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-78746-6
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-78747-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site