About this book
This book and its companion volume describe state-of-the-art advances in techniques associated with implantable neural prosthetic devices and their applications. Researchers, engineers, clinicians, students, and any specialist in this field will gain a deeper understanding of the neural prosthetic techniques currently available for a wide range of biomedical applications.
In part one of this two-volume sequence, Implantable Neural Prostheses 1: Devices and Applications, the focus is on implant designs and applications. Devices covered include sensory prosthetic devices such as cochlear implants, auditory midbrain implants, visual implants, spinal cord stimulators, and motor prosthetic devices including deep brain stimulators, Bions, and cardiac electro-stimulators. Readers will also understand the regulatory approval process in the U.S. and Europe for implantable medical devices.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-77261-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-77260-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-77261-5
- Series Print ISSN 1618-7210
- Buy this book on publisher's site