About this book
Multimedia Content Analysis: Theory and Applications covers the state of the art of multimedia content analysis in a tutorial fashion and provides a plan for future research. It includes unique coverage of multimedia content analysis based products described by pioneers in the field, and provides valuable perspective on the feasibility of state of the art techniques, as well as opportunities for the future. It also addresses the experiential aspect of multimedia content analysis.
The material discusses multimedia content analysis in three broad sections, theory, human interaction with multimedia, and commercial products. The theory section reviews multimedia content analysis tools used to derive higher-level semantics from low-level audio and video features and covers the state of the art in temporal video segmentation using unsupervised and supervised techniques. The human interaction section describes techniques for incorporating the human perception of multimedia into analysis. The product section describes the world’s first products based on multimedia content analysis.
Multimedia Content Analysis: Theory and Applications serves as an excellent introduction to the field with every chapter presented in a self-contained manner. The contributing authors are leaders in the field who have defined and extended the state of the art.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Multimedia Content Analysis
- Book Subtitle Theory and Applications
- Series Title Signals and Communication Technology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-76569-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-76567-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-4567-9
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-76569-3
- Series ISSN 1860-4862
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 375
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Signal, Image and Speech Processing
Image Processing and Computer Vision
Multimedia Information Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site