About this book
This book provides a comprehensive and systematic presentation of the mathematical models for the simulation of transportation systems and the methodologies for the analysis and design of these systems. Theoretical and operational aspects are presented in a rigorous and exhaustive framework, addressing a broad range of applications performed by researchers and practitioners. Topics are presented with an increasing level of detail and complexity.
In this 2nd edition the author extends and generalizes the contents of the previous edition entitled "Transportation Systems Engineering: Theory and Methods" published in 2001. In addition to entirely new material dealing with the recent developments in the field, the text has been revised to simplify the presentation. The Bibliography has also been expanded significantly. All the topics are presented with simple numerical examples as well as with references to real-life applications.
The material is structured so as to offer different levels of complexity and different reading paths based on the reader’s needs. It is suitable for graduate level courses on transportation analysis and planning. Prerequisites include a basic knowledge of calculus, optimization techniques, probability theory and statistics. Due to the breadth and depth of topics covered, the book will also serve as an excellent reference guide for researchers, teachers and practitioners.
- Book Title Transportation Systems Analysis
- Book Subtitle Models and Applications
- Series Title Springer Optimization and Its Applications
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-75857-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-75856-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4614-2448-2
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-75857-2
- Series ISSN 1931-6828
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XVIII, 742
- Number of Illustrations 100 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Operations Research, Management Science
Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics
Landscape/Regional and Urban Planning
- Buy this book on publisher's site