Table of contents
About these proceedings
The hypoxia volumes will focus on cutting edge research at the interface of hypoxia and biomedicine. Hypoxia is a constant threat to the human body and its vital organs throughout life. There are many situations in which the threat is heightened in health and disease, but mechanisms have evolved to lessen its detrimental effects.
The International Hypoxia Symposia was founded to enable scientists, clinicians, physiologists, immunologists, mountaineers and other interested individuals to share their experiences of the situations associated with oxygen lack and the adaptations that allow us to survive.
The mission of the International Hypoxia Symposia is to present cutting edge, sophisticated research at the very highest levels into the many effects of hypoxia on humans and animals in health and disease.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Hypoxia and the Circulation
Peter D. Wagner
- Series Title Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-75434-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-75433-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-4527-3
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-75434-5
- Series ISSN 0065-2598
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 348
- Number of Illustrations 90 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site