Table of contents
About this book
Vehicle Dynamics: Theory and Application is appropriate for senior undergraduate and first year graduate students in mechanical engineering.
The contents in this book are presented at a theoretical-practical level. It explains vehicle dynamics concepts in detail, concentrating on their practical use. Related theorems and formal proofs are provided, as are real-life applications. Students, researchers and practicing engineers alike will appreciate the user-friendly presentation of a wealth of topics most notably steering, handling, ride, and related components.
Vehicle Dynamics: Theory and Application includes:
- Richly illustrated chapters and over 500 diagrams to help readers visualize concepts.
- More than 500 detailed examples with fully-worked solutions which expose readers to a balanced and broad understanding of vehicle dynamics.
- A wealth of detailed problem sets and challenge problems for each chapter for the more advanced reader.
- A complete solutions manual which is available for instructors.
Reza N. Jazar is an associate professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Manhattan College. His main research areas are nonlinear dynamics, robotics, control, and MEMs. He's written extensively on many diverse topics in applied mathematics and mechanical engineering. He is also the author of Theory of Applied Robotics: Kinematics, Dynamics and Control and regularly teaches undergraduate and graduate-level courses in mechanical engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-74244-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-74243-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-74244-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site