About this book
This book gives a problem-solving approach to the difficult subject of analytic number theory. It is primarily aimed at graduate students and senior undergraduates. The goal is to provide a rapid introduction to analytic methods and the ways in which they are used to study the distribution of prime numbers. The book also includes an introduction to p-adic analytic methods. It is ideal for a first course in analytic number theory. The new edition has been completely rewritten, errors have been corrected, and there is a new chapter on equidistribution.
About the first edition:
"...this monograph gives important results and techniques for specific topics, together with many exercises; it is not possible to describe adequately the wealth of material covered in this book."
- Wolfgang Schwarz, Zentralblatt
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-72350-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-72349-5
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-72350-1
- Series Print ISSN 0072-5285
- Buy this book on publisher's site