About this book
This book presents important recent developments in mathematical and computational methods used in impedance imaging and the theory of composite materials. The methods involved come from various areas of pure and applied mathematics, such as potential theory, PDEs, complex analysis, and numerical methods. The unifying thread in this book is the use of generalized polarization and moment tensors.
The main approach is based on modern layer potential techniques. By augmenting the theory with interesting practical examples and numerical illustrations, the exposition brings simplicity to the advanced material. An introductory chapter covers the necessary basics.
With its extensive list of references and open problems, the book should enhance accessibility to specialized literature and stimulate progress in the fields of impedance imaging and composite materials. Graduate students and researchers in applied mathematics will benefit from this book. Researchers in engineering and physics might also find this book helpful.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-71566-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-71565-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-71566-7
- Series Print ISSN 0066-5452
- Buy this book on publisher's site