About this book
Conjoint behavioral consultation (CBC) strengthens collaboration between children’s most critical learning environments – school and home – for improved academic, behavioral, and social-emotional skills. The reader-friendly, 2nd edition of Conjoint Behavioral Consultation: Promoting Family-School Connections and Interventions offers innovative applications of CBC as an ecological, evidence-based approach. In this new edition, the authors combine best practices in consultation and problem-solving for interventions that promote and support children’s potential, teachers’ educational mission, and family members’ unique strengths.
Important features in this new edition include:
- A step-by-step framework for developing and maintaining family/school partnerships takes readers from initial interviews through plan evaluation.
- Chapters include discussion on core interpersonal skills, including building trust, managing conflict, and communicating effectively.
- Practical strategies illustrate working with diverse families and school personnel, improving family competence, promoting joint responsibility, and achieving other collaborative goals.
- Case studies demonstrate CBC as implemented in traditional school, Head Start, pediatric health, and response-to-intervention (RtI) contexts.
- In-depth research review explains the efficacy of CBC.
The progressive model of Conjoint Behavioral Consultation has a great deal to offer school psychologists, special educators and other school-based professionals as well as mental health practitioners. In addition, its accessibility makes this volume a suitable graduate text or training manual for those planning to work with children and families in these growing fields.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-71248-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-71247-5
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-71248-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals