About this book
Traditional database management systems, widely used today, are not well-suited for a class of emerging applications. These applications, such as network management, sensor computing, and so on, need to continuously process large amounts of data coming in the form of a stream and in addition, meet stringent response time requirements. Support for handling QoS metrics, such as response time, memory usage, and throughput, is central to any system proposed for the above applications.
Stream Data Processing: A Quality of Service Perspective (Modeling,Scheduling, Load Shedding, and Complex Event Processing), presents a new paradigm suitable for stream and complex event processing. This book covers a broad range of topics in stream data processing and includes detailed technical discussions of a number of proposed techniques from QoS perspective.
This volume is intended as a text book for graduate courses and as a reference book for researchers, advanced-level students in computer sciences, and IT practitioners.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-71003-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-71002-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-71003-7
- Series Print ISSN 1386-2944
- Buy this book on publisher's site