About this book
The optic nerve and the brain comprise the main anatomic components of neuro-ophthalmology. Although there are numerous handbooks and major texts describing all the common disorders of neuro-ophthalmology, OPTIC NERVE DISORDERS provides a practical reference book focusing only on common optic nerve disorders.
This book is organized by optic nerve diagnoses commonly encountered in a neuro-ophthalmologic practice. It is written in a clear, concise style for quick, easy reference in the clinic. The organization of each chapter includes:
- diagnosis by clinical signs and symptoms and by electrophysiologic, ocular and neuroimaging techniques;
- management by conventional treatments ; experimental/newer medications under consideration;
Updated information on diagnostic techniques, including OCT and mfVEP, and genetic testing for hereditary optic neuropathies are discussed. New data from clinical studies, such as beta-interferons for optic neuritis, are presented for the management of each disorder. Diagnosis of neuro-ophthalmologic disorders with newer neuroimaging techniques, such as PET, SPECT, and diffusion-weighted imaging are fully explained. New data from clinical studies (beta-interferons for optic neuritis, for instance) will be presented for the management of each disorder.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-68979-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-68978-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-68979-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site