About this book
This book brings together linear algebra, numerical methods and an easy to use programming environment under Matlab (or Scilab). One of the key features of the book are the worked out examples and exercises at the end of each chapter. The reader is asked to do some numerical experiments in Matlab and then to prove the results theoretically.
The book is a combination and update of two earlier French books by the authors. It is appropriate for both undergraduate and beginning graduate courses in mathematics as well as for working scientists and engineers as a self-study tool and reference.This book is about numerical linear algebra and focuses on practical algorithms for solving computer problems of linear algebra.
Gregoire Allaire is a professor of Applied Mathematics at Ecole Polytechnique in France.
Sidi Mahmoud Kaber is an associate professor at the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie in France.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-68918-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-34159-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-68918-0
- Series Print ISSN 0939-2475
- Buy this book on publisher's site