About this book
Wireless ad hoc networks, mobile or static, have special resource requirements and topology features, which make them different from classic computer networks in resource management, routing, media access control, and QoS provisioning. Some of our day-to-day situations directly relate to ad hoc wireless network applications, such as self-organization, mobility management, and energy efficient design.
Within thirteen self-contained chapters, this volume provides a complete survey of the state-of-the-art research that encompasses all areas of ad hoc and sensor networks. Written by distinguished researchers in the field, these chapters focus on the theoretical and experimental study of advanced research topics involving security and trust, broadcasting and multicasting, power control and energy efficiency, and QoS provisioning.
This book is a great reference tool for graduate students, researchers, and mathematicians interested in studying mobile ad hoc and sensor networks.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks
Maggie Xiaoyan Cheng
- Series Title Signals and Communication Technology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-68567-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-68565-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-4328-6
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-68567-0
- Series ISSN 1860-4862
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 312
- Number of Illustrations 75 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Computer Communication Networks
Communications Engineering, Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site