About this book
Human Factors and Voice Interactive Systems, Second Edition provides in-depth information on current topics of major interest to speech application developers, and updates material from chapters that appeared in the previous edition.
The first nine chapters of the book cover issues related to interactive voice response systems, including both mobile and multimodal device user interfaces as well as classic automated telephone systems. The remaining chapters cover special topics including synthetic speech and the design of speech applications to enhance accessibility to people with disabilities and the ever-growing population of older adults.
Human Factors and Voice Interactive Systems, Second Edition is a collection of applied research and scholarly synthesis contributions by seasoned professionals in the field that highlight continuing efforts to study human interaction with speech technologies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-68439-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media, LLC 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-25482-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-68439-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site