Table of contents
About this book
This book concerns the generation of electric currents and of electric space charges inside conducting media that move in magnetic fields.
The authors postulate nothing but the Maxwell equations. They discuss at length the disk dynamo, which serves as a model for the natural self-excited dynamos that generate magnetic fields such as that of sunspots.
There are 36 Examples and 13 Case Studies. The Case Studies concern solar phenomena -- magnetic elements, sunspots, spicules, coronal loops -- and the Earth's magnetic field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-47290-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-33542-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-47290-4
- Series Print ISSN 0941-7834
- Buy this book on publisher's site