About this book
Canonical Perturbation Theories, Degenerate Systems and Resonance presents the foundations of Hamiltonian Perturbation Theories used in Celestial Mechanics, emphasizing the Lie Series Theory and its application to degenerate systems and resonance.
This book is the complete text on the subject including advanced topics in Hamiltonian Mechanics, Hori’s Theory, and the classical theories of Poincaré, von Zeipel-Brouwer, and Delaunay. Also covered are Kolmogorov’s frequency relocation method to avoid small divisors, the construction of action-angle variables for integrable systems, and a complete overview of some problems in Classical Mechanics.
Sylvio Ferraz-Mello makes these ideas accessible not only to Astronomers, but also to those in the related fields of Physics and Mathematics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-38905-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-38900-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-38905-9
- Series Print ISSN 0067-0057
- Buy this book on publisher's site