About this book
Power analysis attacks allow the extraction of secret information from smart cards. Smart cards are used in many applications including banking, mobile communications, pay TV, and electronic signatures. In all these applications, the security of the smart cards is of crucial importance.
Power Analysis Attacks: Revealing the Secrets of Smart Cards is the first comprehensive treatment of power analysis attacks and countermeasures. Based on the principle that the only way to defend against power analysis attacks is to understand them, this book explains how power analysis attacks work. Using many examples, it discusses simple and differential power analysis as well as advanced techniques like template attacks. Furthermore, this volume provides an extensive discussion of countermeasures like shuffling, masking, and DPA-resistant logic styles.
By analyzing the pros and cons of the different countermeasures, Power Analysis Attacks: Revealing the Secrets of Smart Cards allows practitioners to decide how to protect smart cards. This book also provides valuable information for graduate and advanced undergraduate students, and researchers working in information security.
- Book Title Power Analysis Attacks
- Book Subtitle Revealing the Secrets of Smart Cards
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-38162-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-30857-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-4039-1
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-38162-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 338
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Systems and Data Security
Communications Engineering, Networks
Data Structures and Information Theory
Computer Communication Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site