About this book
Biomaterials, an Introduction is intended as a general introduction to the uses of artificial materials in the human body for the purposes of aiding healing, correcting deformities, and restoring lost function.
Enhancing on the field developments since the successful last edition, Biomaterials, an Introduction continues in its tradition as an outgrowth of an undergraduate course for senior students in biomedical engineering developed by the authors With 60 years of combined experience, the authors have emphasized the fundamental materials science, structure-property relationships and biological responses as a foundation for a wide array of biomaterials applications.
- New detailed illustrations
- Example problems to provide the student with hands-on experience with concepts
- Extensive tutorial materials on new developments in spinal implants and fixation techniques and theory, including systematic overage of orthopedic implants, and expanded treatment of ceramic materials and implants
- New topics included on tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- Approximately 1900 references to additional reading,
Organized as a textbook for the student needing to acquire the core competencies, Biomaterials, an Introduction will meet the demands of advanced undergraduate or graduate coursework in biomaterials, biomedical engineering, and biophysics.
Joon Park is Professor, Biomedical Engineering Department, College of Engineering, University of Iowa.
Rod Lakes is a Wisconsin Distinguished Professor at the University of Wisconsin, serving both the Department of Engineering Physics and the Department of Biomedical Engineering. More information about Dr. Lakes and his research can be found on his website: http://silver.neep.wisc.edu/~lakes
- Book Title Biomaterials
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-37880-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-37879-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-2281-6
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-37880-0
- Edition Number 3
- Number of Pages XII, 562
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering
Biological and Medical Physics, Biophysics
- Buy this book on publisher's site