Table of contents
About this book
I haven’t seen this disorder in ages—what’s the latest treatment?
What measures are most useful in assessing this problem?
Her coverage allows so few visits—can we get anything done?
Are there any useful self help materials or websites?
How do I know this will work?
Designed to bring ready answers from scientific data to real life practice, the Practitioner’s Guide to Evidence-Based Psychotherapy is an accessible, authoritative reference for today’s clinician.
The Guide, organized alphabetically for quick reference, distills vast amounts of proven knowledge and strategies (across the lifespan as well as across the DSM) into a user friendly, hands-on reference. Chapters are written by leading experts, focusing on appropriate assessment and empirically supported therapies. Here are solid guidelines for what to rule out, what works, what doesn’t work and what can be improved for a wide range of mental health problems, including:
- ADHD, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders
- Bedwetting, feeding disorders, school refusal, thumb sucking
- Bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, PTSD
- Child abuse and domestic violence
- Dysthymia, depression, suicidal thoughts
- Erectile and orgasmic disorders
- Smoking, gambling, substance abuse
- Stress, chronic pain, insomnia
Developed with the frontline clinician’s time and cost constraints firmly in mind, the Practitioner’s Guide to Evidence-Based Psychotherapy allows readers to understand the best assessment and treatment options. This resource is designed to help clinical psychologists, clinical social workers, psychiatrists and counselors achieve the maximum in service to their clients. Concise and up-to-date, it also serves as an excellent student guide.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-28370-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-28369-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-28370-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals