About this book
Mathematics is kept alive by the appearance of new unsolved problems, problems posed from within mathematics itself, and also from the increasing number of disciplines where mathematics is applied. This book provides a steady supply of easily understood, if not easily solved, problems which can be considered in varying depths by mathematicians at all levels of mathematical maturity.
For this new edition, the author has included new problems on symmetric and asymmetric primes, sums of higher powers, Diophantine m-tuples, and Conway’s RATS and palindromes. The author has also included a useful new feature at the end of several of the sections: lists of references to OEIS, Neil Sloane’s Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences.
About the First Edition:
"…many talented young mathematicians will write their first papers starting out from problems found in this book."
- András Sárközi, MathSciNet
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-26677-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-1928-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-26677-0
- Series Print ISSN 0941-3502
- Buy this book on publisher's site