About this book
This is the first book on the concept and applications of ranked set sampling. It provides a comprehensive review of the literature, and it includes many new results and novel applications.
Scientists and researchers on this subject will find a balanced presentation of theory and applications. The mathematical rigor of the theoretical foundations makes it beneficial to researchers. The detailed description of various methods illustrated by real or simulated data makes it useful for scientists and practitioners in application areas such as agriculture, forestry, sociology, ecological and environmental science, and medical studies. It can serve as a reference book and as a textbook for a short course at the graduate level.
Zehua Chen is Associate Professor of Statistics at the National University of Singapore. Zhidong Bai is Professor of Statistics at the National University of Singapore; he is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics. Bimal Sinha is the Presidential Research Professor at University of Maryland Baltimore County; he is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and the American Statistical Association.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-21664-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-40263-5
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-21664-5
- Series Print ISSN 0930-0325
- Buy this book on publisher's site