Table of contents
About this book
Parallel Scientific Computing and Optimization introduces new developments in the construction, analysis, and implementation of parallel computing algorithms. This book presents 23 self-contained chapters, including surveys, written by distinguished researchers in the field of parallel computing. Each chapter is devoted to some aspects of the subject: parallel algorithms for matrix computations, parallel optimization, management of parallel programming models and data, with the largest focus on parallel scientific computing in industrial applications.
Key features include:
* construction and analysis of parallel algorithms for linear algebra and optimization problems;
* different aspects of parallel architectures, including distributed memory computers with multicore processors;
* a wide range of industrial applications: parallel simulation of flows through oil filters as well as in porous and gas media, jet aerodynamics, heat conduction in electrical cables, nonlinear optics processes in tapered lasers, and molecular and cell dynamics.
This volume is intended for scientists and graduate students specializing in computer science and applied mathematics who are engaged in parallel scientific computing.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-09707-7
- Copyright Information Springer New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-09706-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-09707-7
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site