Table of contents
About these proceedings
Grid Enabled Remote Instrumentation stems from the 2nd Workshop on Distributed Cooperative Laboratories - Instrumenting the Grid (INGRID 2007), held in Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy, from April 16 to 18, 2007. The material of all chapters is based on presentations held at the workshop, either as keynote addresses, invited or regular contributions. The book gathers contributions of recognized experts in these fields and provides a view of results from a number of recent and ongoing European projects on the subject of Remote Instrumentation and Grid computing.
Grid Enabled Remote Instrumentation emphasizes the role of Grid middleware and services in the domain of remote instrumentation. The authors offer a multidisciplinary viewpoint, covering distributed computing (such as grid computing HPC), visualization, data repositories (archiving systems, digital libraries), networking, and instrumentation and measurement aspects. The authors aim to set the basis for further development in the field and, at the same time, to offer an up-to-date and comprehensive overview of the field today.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-09663-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-09662-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-09663-6
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4870
- Buy this book on publisher's site