About this book
In Robotic Exploration of the Solar System, Paolo Ulivi and David Harland provide a comprehensive account of the design and managment of deep-space missions, the spacecraft involved - some flown, others not - their instruments, and their scientific results.
This third volume in the series covers launches in the period 1997 to 2003 and features:
- a chapter entirely devoted to the Cassini-Huygens mission to Saturn;
- coverage of planetary missions of the period, including the Deep Space 1 mission and the Stardust and Hayabusa sample returns from comets and asteroids;
- extensive coverage of Mars exploration, the failed 1999 missions, Mars Odyssey, Mars Express, and the twin rovers Spirit and Opportunity.
The story will continue in Part 4.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-09628-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Praxis, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-09627-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-09628-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors