About this book
Frozen sections are performed while a patient is undergoing surgery as a basis for making an immediate diagnosis that will impact treatment decisions. Frozen section diagnosis is often a highly demanding situation for the pathologist who must render a diagnosis quickly for the patient and surgeon.
The Frozen Section Library series will provide concise, user-friendly, site specific handbooks that are well illustrated and highlight the pitfalls, artifacts and differential diagnosis issues that arise in the hurried frozen section scenario.
Timothy Craig Allen, MD, JD, is the Chairman of the Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas.
Philip T. Cagle, MD, is Professor of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York and Director of Pulmonary Pathology, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas.
- Book Title Frozen Section Library: Lung
- Series Title Frozen Section Library
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-09573-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-0-387-09572-1
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-09573-8
- Series ISSN 1868-4157
- Series E-ISSN 1868-4165
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 131
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
"This is a succinct, pocket-sized book filled with color images of actual frozen sections of lung specimens … . It will benefit community and academic practicing surgical pathologists, as well as pathology residents and fellows. In addition, it provides useful perspectives to surgeons performing the surgeries which rely on frozen section diagnosis. … This is the first of a series dedicated entirely to the practice of frozen section diagnosis. … a welcome addition to the library of any pathologists who performs frozen sections." (Maura F. O’Neil, Doody’s Review Service, April, 2009)