Table of contents
About this book
Neutron Applications in Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences offers a comprehensive overview of the wide ranging applications of neutron scattering techniques to elucidate the fundamental materials properties at the nano-, micro- and meso-scale, which underpin research in the related fields of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences.
Introductions to neutron scattering fundamentals and instrumentation are paired with a thorough review of the applications to a large variety of scientific and technological problems, written through the direct experience of leading scientists in each field. Tailored to a wide audience, this volume provides the novice with an inspiring introduction and stimulates the expert to consider these non-conventional problem solving techniques in his/her field of interest.
Earth and environmental scientists, engineers, researchers and graduate students involved with materials science will find Neutron Applications in Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences a valuable ready-to-use reference.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Neutron Applications in Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences
- Series Title Neutron Scattering Applications and Techniques
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-09416-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-09415-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-3475-8
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-09416-8
- Series ISSN 1868-0372
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 638
- Number of Illustrations 35 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Characterization and Evaluation of Materials
Geotechnical Engineering & Applied Earth Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site