Table of contents
About this book
The aim of this Volume of scientific essays is twofold.
From one side, by remembering the scientific figure of Eduardo R. Caianiello, it aims at focusing his outstanding contributions - from theoretical physics to cybernetics - which after so many years still represent occasion of innovative paths to be fruitfully followed. It must be stressed the contribution that his interdisciplinary methodology can still be of great help in affording and solving present day complex problems.
On the other side, it aims at pinpointing with the help of the scientists contributing to the Volume - some crucial problems in present day research in the fields of interest of Eduardo Caianiello and which are still among the main lines of investigation of some of the Istitutes founded by Eduardo (Istituto di Cibernetica del CNR, IIAS, etc).
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Imagination and Rigor
- Book Subtitle Essays on Eduardo R. Caianiello’s Scientific Heritage
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/88-470-0472-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Italia 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Milano
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-88-470-0320-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-88-470-5619-0
- eBook ISBN 978-88-470-0472-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 186
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Computer Science, general
Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology
Statistical Physics and Dynamical Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
"This book is a collection of 14 papers dedicated to the intellectual heritage of Caianiello. Several of these papers are of interest to computer specialists … . To a computer scientist, the most interesting papers would probably be those of Cull, Davis, de Luca, and Termini. Of these, de Luca’s is especially interesting and enlightening, and is definitely worth reading." (Jonathan Golan, ACM Computing Reviews, Vol. 49 (5), 2008)