Table of contents
About this book
The algebra of primary cohomology operations computed by the well-known Steenrod algebra is one of the most powerful tools of algebraic topology. This book computes the algebra of secondary cohomology operations which enriches the structure of the Steenrod algebra in a new and unexpected way.
The book solves a long-standing problem on the algebra of secondary cohomology operations by developing a new algebraic theory of such operations. The results have strong impact on the Adams spectral sequence and hence on the computation of homotopy groups of spheres.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-7643-7449-7
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag 2006
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-7448-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-7449-5
- Series Print ISSN 0743-1643
- Series Online ISSN 2296-505X
- Buy this book on publisher's site